Friday, May 4, 2007

Betty Grable

Can this picture be any more perfect?! Pincurls, flawless eyebrows, luminous skin and red, red lips! The dove grey tuxedo blouse is so lovely. This looks like a studio portrait or makeup/hair test although I'm not sure.

Betty is one of my favorites for many reasons, one of them being her signature red lips. Most people associate a matte red lip with vintage style makeup, but I love the creamy texture of lipstick she always seems to wear. The best example of this is her look in How to Marry a Millionaire.

The ultimate pinup girl was not considered a classic beauty, (which I find hard to believe!) but her girl next door appeal, charm and talent helped make her the highest paid star at the end of the 40's. Alright, I believe her million dollar insured legs also had something to do with that~ but I'll always remember the red lips!

No comments: